Monday, September 29, 2008

His Love is SO GREAT!

[John 3:16]
"for God so loved the world that
he gave his one and only son,
that whoever believes in him
shall not perish but have eternal life."
God.
How is it that you can love me so much that you sent your precious baby boy to die a brutal death just so we could spend eternity together? I can't fathom that kind of love. It blows my mind that in the midst of all I am; that through all the me and muck and mire you chose me. Not just to serve you or bring glory to your name, but to love me. How can you cherish me? How can you desire me? How can you adore me? You have plans for me, dreams for me, purposes for me. Will I ever truly grasp hold of the immensity of your love for me? Of the absolute kindness of your thoughts towards me? Of your excitement concerning me? Lord, that's what this is really all about, isn't it? A lifelong romance. May I feel you romancing me. May I see it in everything you place around me. You're so amazing God! May I never lose an ounce of awe in how awesome is your love. You loved me before I even knew your name. You chose me to be your precious bride before I even considered accepting the offer. You daily send your loving glances my way. My longing for belonging is solely satisfied in your embrace. How great is my God and how worthy to be praised for my worship is nothing less than my utter adoration for you leaving my lips. May the world understand how much I love you for daddy, I truly love you.

No comments: